3 maggio 2014

Priyanka Chopra: I can't make you love me

Il 29 aprile 2014 è stato caricato in rete il video di I can't make you love me, la nuova canzone interpretata da Priyanka Chopra. Il brano è una cover dell'originale omonimo di Bonnie Raitt, incluso nell'album Luck of the draw del 1991. In soli cinque giorni, il filmato è stato visionato più di un milione di volte. I media, anche occidentali, hanno dedicato parecchi articoli alla diva indiana. Vi segnalo l'intervista concessa da Priyanka a Sally Holmes, pubblicata il 29 aprile 2014 da Elle (US). Priyanka Chopra on her new country single and shattering Indian stereotypes:

'In terms of film and/or music, is there a direction that you really want to pursue?
I want to be able to do everything. And as a girl we're really great at multitasking anyway. So I still am doing Indian movies and I will continue to do so as long as people want to watch me, and at the same time I'm looking for something interesting to do here too. I don't want to do stereotypical Indian parts, (...)I want to break that for India, I want to break that for people from where I come from. No we don't ride elephants. We don't all speak or smell a certain way. You know the stereotypes that come with people from that part of the world. I think it's a time when the globe's become so small right now. You can be living in New York and your neighbor could be from ANY part of the world. I'd like to pave the way for more diversity, not just for Indian people, but people around the world who don't get to come into just mainstream pop culture'.